Richmond Dragway Forums

Richmond Dragway Forums (http://www.richmonddragway.com/rdforum/index.php)
-   Drag Racing Etiquette (http://www.richmonddragway.com/rdforum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   double bulbed (http://www.richmonddragway.com/rdforum/showthread.php?t=1468)

kilroy y 02-09-2006 09:48 AM

double bulbed

How would you react to someone that did this to you?

lil vega 02-09-2006 10:28 AM

I dont care what the other driver does.... I have my own thing going on and I dont care if they double bulb, stage last/first. If I stage first I do wait for the other person to put their first stage bulb on but further than that I am going to go in the second bulb when I am ready. I have noticed that must people that double bulb mess up one way or the other.

Derek Yates 02-09-2006 04:32 PM

Re: double bulbed

Quote:

Originally posted by kilroy y
How would you react to someone that did this to you?

Double 0 Dead On!:D

Oh thats right you already know that.:cool:

ChrisWalker 02-09-2006 05:42 PM

i just slow down and take my time. i know everything is on me then and i cant make a mistake.

kilroy y 02-21-2006 09:54 AM

Well, know that it is 10 seconds from 15 seconds you will probably see the courtesy staging enforced more. What do you think?

98BlackBird 02-21-2006 03:03 PM

I personally hate it if someone double bulbs me. If it's an accident, kindly put it in reverse and pre-stage and wait for your competitor to pre-stage as well.
I can understand the new drivers and rookies doing it, but for the verterans............. it's just common courtesy.

Untamed5.0 02-28-2006 02:39 PM

YEA IM SURE THE STARTING LINE WILL BE INTERESTING THIS YEAR WITH A 10 SEC RULE INSTEAD OF 15 SEC HAHA

34rdztr 03-01-2006 08:14 PM

REMEMBER THE TREE DOESNT ACTIVATE UNTIL BOTH ARE PRESTAGED,YES FOR THE ROOKIES AND LESSER EXP DRIVERS, A DOUBLE ONCE IN A WHILE I CAN UNDERSTAND,BUT FOR TOP/MOD DRIVERS,THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN,JUST FAIR WARNING,IF YOU DOUBLE BULB ME YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MOMENTS,ESPECIALLY IF YOU DO THIS MORE THAN ONCE

WIN OR LOSE,A BAD DAY AT THE RACETRACK IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK............ .03

Lilracr 03-02-2006 04:02 PM

Eddie,
I am with you on this, you double me I will let you sit on the tree until I am good and ready to go in, it's not often I do not Prestage first, as I roll directly to the lights and turn on the first bulb. Not to hurry anyone by any means but rather to get myself set. Typically I will let the other lane turn the stage on before I stage just to allow them time.

The 10 second rule is actually a long time to get ready to go in to stage. Does not seem like it but try waiting on a 16 second car when you are dialed high 9's. It's a long wait!

Don't get me wrong I have no problems running down the slower cars.

ellis vial 03-03-2006 06:47 AM

double bulb

at most nat.events if you double bulb the starter red lites the person that put both lite on at once.:D
Ellis

Untamed5.0 03-03-2006 01:47 PM

THAT IS A GOOD IDEA ALTHOUGH AT RICHMOND THE STARTER DOES NOT HAVE THAT CAPABILITY. WOULD BE NICE THOUGH THERE ARE A FEW OUT THERE I WOULD LOVE TO TURN RED. HAHA IM JUST KIDDING GUYS

Dan 09-04-2011 06:34 AM

As a newbie to this sport I would like to offer my sincerist apologies to anyone that I may have double bulbed this past Friday night.
I know there were a couple of instances when I rolled up to the light the two yellows came on before the other driver rolled up. This was just a a result of my own ignorance and I wasn't trying to be a jack***! I was just unaware of the courtesy rule.

It shall never happen again. Glad I found this forum!

Drive on